Searchable Version of the CHI 2023 Technical Program is ready.
YouTube stream of the Closing Keynote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRYlokbxzmM
CHI2023 Block Schedule
SIGCHI Welcome Reception (17:00)
|Opening Keynote||Session 1||Session 1||Session 1||Workshops &
Symposia (ends at 17:30)
|10:30||Coffee Break||DC / Posters / LBW / Comps||DC / Posters / LBW / Comps||Coffee Break|
|11:10||Session 1||Session 2||Session 2||Closing Keynote|
|12:35||Lunch Break||Lunch Break & Invited Talks||Lunch Break & Invited Talks||—|
|14:30||Session 2||Session 3||Session 3||Courses|
|15:55||Coffee Break||Coffee Break||Coffee Break||—|
|16:35||Session 3||Session 4||Session 4||—|
|18:00||Exhibits, Interactivity, and Conference Reception||Job Fair & Invited Talks|
- Presentation time for papers, journals, alt.chi and case studies will be 10 minutes plus 3 minutes Q&A
- Presentation video length for these venues can be 7-10 minutes long
- Workshops, Symposia, and Doctoral Consortium are scheduled from 09:30-17:30
- Tuesday: Exhibits & Interactivity 10:30-20:00; Invited Talks 12:45-14:15, 18:10-19:40; Job Fair 18:00-20:00
- Wednesday: Exhibits 10:30-18:00; Invited Talks 12:45-14:15
- Thursday: Exhibits 10:30-11:30
- Virtual / online tools used in CHI 2023
The CHI 2023 Global Plaza is organized by Global Inclusion and Equity Initiative. The goals of Global Plaza are to foster global inclusion and equity and decrease barriers to collaboration among CHI communities worldwide. For details and how to participate see the Global Plaza site.
Explore Hamburg (Tuesday, April 25, from 6pm)
The German HCI community has created a collection of things to do in Hamburg. Please have a look at the web page of the German HCI community – germanhci.de – this is not part of the official CHI2023 program.
Call for Participation
CHI 2023 offers authors a number of ways to publish and present work, interact, discuss and learn, along with dedicated opportunities for students. Each type of submission and its deadlines are described on the pages linked which follow. However, if you are new to CHI, we would encourage you to first read the “New to CHI” section at the end of this page.
Submission Venues and Details
Submitting & Presenting
Interacting & Discussing
- Workshops / Symposia
- Special Interest Groups
- (see Courses, Workshops, or SIGs?)
- Doctoral Consortium
- Student Game Competition
- Student Research Competition
- Student Design Competition
We use the new ACM master article template for all submissions.
All submissions are made through the Precision Conference System (PCS 2.0).
Template Download Links
- Microsoft Word
- LaTeX (Use sample-manuscript.tex inside the samples folder for submissions)
- Overleaf (or search for: ACM Conference Proceedings Primary Article)
Are you new to CHI?
In the CHI conference, and hence the CHI conference proceedings, there are different types of submission with different deadlines. This can seem a little daunting so it’s worth knowing these three key things:
- Which type of submission are you aiming for? Links to prior CHI conference proceedings can help you better understand the nature of each submission type.
- CHI uses a selection process for each type of submission, with different levels of review, feedback, and opportunities for republication.
- Do you know the deadline for your submission type? Dates are listed on the page for each type of submission. All deadlines are in Anywhere on Earth (AoE) time zone. Check current AoE time here.
- Most types of submission ask for (optional) video content. Please refer to Technical Requirements and Guidelines for Videos.